King’s Christian Collegiate is an independent Christian high school in Oakville, Ontario with a student body of 670 students in grade 9 through 12. Our students come from diverse Christian backgrounds and from around the globe. King’s is a non-profit, charitable organization.
At King’s, we are captivated by the idea that each person can flourish in the fullness of life, where each day they understand more truly themselves, others, and a world that belongs to God. Our vision is to provide the finest secondary education in a Christian environment that encourages self discipline, creative thinking, and strong character development, and that equips students academically, socially, physically and spiritually, employing all talents to the honour of God.
King’s requires a part time Finance Assistant to join their small finance team on a one-year term contract which may potentially be converted to a regular contract. This individual will report to the Director of Finance. The successful candidate will require a vulnerable police check. Salary will be commensurate with years of experience and qualifications. King’s also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
If interested, please submit a cover letter with your resume to the Director of Finance firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Accounts payable experience – minimum 2 years
• Experience working with QuickBooks
• Relevant accounting degree/diploma
• Ability to prioritize tasks, exceptionally organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
• Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills & customer service oriented
• Good understanding of accounting principles, procedures and internal controls
• Professional demeanor
• Distribute incoming vendor invoices to relevant budget manager and code/post to QuickBooks
• Review expense reimbursements to ensure they are accurate, appropriate, approved and supported
• Generate cheques
• File all paid invoices and expense reimbursements
• Follow up with vendors re outstanding invoices
• Process staff payroll through QuickBooks as support for Senior Financial Administrator
• Assist in maintaining tuition database
• Contact King’s families re outstanding tuition
• Prepare relevant correspondence in connection with International Student enrollment
• Perform other functions as required