Application deadline: June 15, 2023
Start date: July 15, 2023
King’s Christian Collegiate is an independent Christian high school in Oakville, Ontario with 670 students and a staff of 80. King’s is a not-for-profit, charitable organization.
At King’s, we are captivated by the idea that each person can flourish in the fullness of life, where each day they understand more truly themselves, others, and a world that belongs to God. Our vision is to steward and care for the facilities in such a way that they will be as remarkable 100 years from now as they are today.
King’s requires a full-time Facilities Manager to report to the Director of Facilities. The successful candidate will focus their energy towards providing a safe, well-maintained environment for students and staff to prosper and accomplish their goals, as well as provide exceptional facilities for external rental clients. The Facilities Manager leads by example and models behaviours that are consistent with King’s values.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides formal training and supervision to maintenance and facilities cleaning staff
• Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies
• Ensures school property and equipment are maintained to a high standard
• Monitors budgets and controls expenses
• Oversees day-to-day maintenance & cleaning requirements, plans and assigns work
• Communicates with the school leadership team to ensure needs are met in a timely fashion
• Supports the Director of Facilities in managing capital projects and renovations
• Participates in the Health & Safety committee
• Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers, contractors & regulatory agencies
• Related post-secondary education and/or advanced vocational training
• At least 2 years managerial or supervisory experience
• Working knowledge and understanding of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
• Knowledge of Health & Safety Act & Ontario Employment Standards
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Police check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Valid Driver’s licence
As an employee of King’s Christian Collegiate, you will enjoy a rewarding career on a beautiful school campus. Salary will be commensurate with years of experience and qualifications. King’s also offers a comprehensive benefits package and professional development opportunities.
If interested, please submit a cover letter with your resume to the Director of Facilities email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest. Those being considered for an interview will be contacted.